IBM is a globally integrated technology and consulting company headquartered in Armonk, New York. With operations in more than 170 countries, IBM attracts and retains some of the world's most talented people to help solve problems and provide an edge for businesses, governments and non-profits.
Today, IBM is focused on five growth initiatives - Cloud, Big Data and Analytics, Mobile, Social Business and Security. IBMers are working with customers around the world to apply the company's business consulting, technology and Research & Development expertise to enable systems of engagement that deliver dynamic insights for businesses and governments worldwide.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
*This Student Position resides in
and is a
a 12 or 16 (internship)
month work term commencing
What IBM Offers You?
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
The following job responsibilities for Software Developer include:
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
IBM Bluemix (www.bluemix.net) is the world’s premier open platform for cloud software development. Bluemix enables software developers to create apps and have them up and running on cloud servers in seconds to minutes, with all of the infrastructure setup handled by the platform. Bluemix powers web and mobile apps, big data platforms, cognitive computing, and more. And with Bluemix, IBM is opening up its entire portfolio of industry-leading products as composable services, creating a cocktail of startup-like agility and enterprise-level capability. We are changing the world of software development by putting the world’s best tools in the hands of every developer. Come and change the world with us.
Bluemix is looking for experienced front-end developers to build the next generation of awesomeness for our platform. The ideal candidate should have confidence as a front-end developer, comfort in working with design and engineering in an agile development model to deliver an experience that raises the bar and blends seamlessly into our overall platform experience. Preferred skills and experience would include node.js, angular, react, gulp, jenkins, git, and other related technologies.
- Creating unified experiences across new and emerging service offerings
- Building new onboarding experiences and simplifying common tasks
- Ensuring automated testing and security needs are addressed
- Developing and using analytics to improve the user experience
- Participate in building common UI components and libraries
- Participate in the team’s Agile Development workflow
- As required or desired, participate in open source development initiatives
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Experience in designing and coding Representational State Transfer (REST) Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), with JSON
- English: Fluent
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Group ID: IBM Cloud
Job Family: Not Applicable